KESS 2 for Business
What is KESS 2?
Knowledge Economy Skills Scholarships (KESS 2) links companies and organisations with academic expertise to undertake research projects that meet the needs of an active business or its sector. KESS 2 is a collaborative project supported by European Social Funds (ESF) through the Welsh Government involving all universities in Wales, led by Bangor University.
KESS 2 projects are unique in that they are tailored to provide exciting and innovative research whilst meeting the needs of an active business or its sector. The research undertaken through a KESS 2 project must fit with one of the Welsh Government’s four Grand Challenge Areas which are:
- Life Sciences & Health
- Advanced Engineering & Materials
- Low Carbon, Energy & Environment
- ICT & the Digital Economy
“KESS gives us access to people and resources that we wouldn’t normally have access to. We would definitely work with KESS again. We’ve had two very good PhD students who have made a real difference to the business. We’ve certainly learned a lot working with them, and we hope that they’ve learned a lot from working with us, too.”
Ian Cameron, Micropharm
Why choose KESS 2?
- Position your organisation as a voice of authority and market leader in your sector.
- Test claims, perceptions and experiences regarding your product, service or brand.
- Research that you can shape, with the support of an academic, to suit your company needs.
- Very low entry cost for the potential return your project could bring.